Weekday Intermediate Workshops
- Monday evenings 6pm-9pm, Tuesday evenings 6pm-9pm
- £25 per person for 2.5 hours with a fee of £2.50 per kg clay used to cover material fees and firing. Work will be weighed at the end of the session. Materials must be paid for with cash on the day. (1kg would make roughly three mug-sized pinch pots, one medium coil pot, or two breakfast bowl-sized thrown pieces.)
- Tutor: Kayley Holderness
Maximum 8 people per workshop. Flexible booking on a weekly basis. Payment is required upon booking by bank transfer.
Sign up to the studio mailing list to receive an email each Sunday detailing plans for workshops in the week ahead by clicking here.
These two-and-a-half-hour workshops are suitable for people working at an intermediate level with experience of hand building, slip decorating and glazing techniques. Attendees must be able to work independently with the tutor on hand to offer help and technical advice. There are four pottery wheels available for people with throwing experience to use. The time available on the wheel depends on the number of throwers at each session. Booking is flexible on a weekly basis – a booking invitation will be issued on Sunday morning by email to open reservations for the workshops in the week ahead.
Islington Arts Factory Membership Fee:
Attendees of group workshops must pay a £1 Membership Fee to Islington Arts Factory on the door for each workshop they attend. Termly and Annual Membership options are also available.
Staggered Start and Finish Times
To ease congestion around the sink and shelving areas I have introduced staggered start and finish times. You’ll see the workshop time is 6-9pm – 3 hours – you will still attend for 2.5 hours, but will be required to come in 6-8.30pm, 6.30-9pm or somewhere in between. It’s important that you try to stick to your allotted time. If you have a preference let me know and I’ll try to accommodate you.
I have set the room up so that there is a 2 metre distance between each seat. We have space for 8 people max to work in the art space and studio. We will use the 1 metre + rule when moving around the space.
Health and Safety
– Masks must be worn at all times
– Hands washed upon entry to the art room
– Attendees must bring their own aprons
– Bring your own refreshments – this means no tea and biscuits provided for a while, sorry!
– Workstations and sink area cleaned with bleach before and after workshop
– Separate water buckets for tool cleaning at each workstation
– Tools regularly cleaned with lemony-fresh disinfectant
Track and Trace
In the event that we need to pass on attendee details to Contact Tracers I will require your consent to do so. I will have a GDPR policy available to read and Track and Trace consent forms at the studio.
We all need to be extra vigilant at the moment and to remain flexible I am relaxing the usual cancellation policy. If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 and need to cancel your session, no matter the notice given, your fee will be rolled over to another week.
Due to pressure on storage space there will be a strict four-week binning policy for work at each stage of making before it is reclaimed, used as a glaze test, donated to other arts projects out In the event that we need to pass on attendee details to Contact Tracers I will require your consent to do so. I will have a GDPR policy available to read and Track and Trace consent forms at the studio.
It seems like a lot of rules, but I’ll try to make the experience as relaxed and easy as possible for you!